Saturday, March 12, 2016

Birthday Balloons

Good morning, everyone! I hope your start to the weekend is going well. I want to start off this month's projects with a bright and cheerful birthday card. My stash was dwindling so when that happens, I try to create cards to fill that gap. For me, I'm low on birthday cards.

Today, I used the birthday balloons from the Bebunni Celebration set as my main focal point. But to start this card off, I pulled in a color palette that I love!


I took a piece of the Shimmering Cardstock in Coastal Pearl and ran it through my machine using the Embossalicious Birthday Text embossing folder. You only see a peek of that behind the watercolored panel, but it adds a nice pretty color and texture.


For the watercolor panel, I used a piece of Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Cardstock and blended Distress Inks in Dusty Concord, Spicy Marmalade, Tumbled Glass and Scattered Straw. I used sponges to blend this. After I blended it to my liking, I flicked on some water and let that dry. Since Distress Inks react with water, it leaves a really pretty look when it's all dry!

I then stamped the birthday balloons with Versafine in Onyx Black onto the watercolored panel. I stamped a second set of balloons onto the Watercolor Cardstock and colored them in with Spectrum Aqua Markers (all products listed and linked below) to color them in. Such a fun way to bring in a lot of color fairly easily and quickly. After they dried, I fussy cut them out and adhered them right over the first group of balloons I stamped with some foam adhesive. Gives great dimension to your projects!


For the sentiment, I simply took a strip of the Watercolor Cardstock and stamped the two sentiments from the Bebunni Celebration set and stamped them next to each other and glued that strip to the bottom of the watercolored panel.


I encourage you to check out all the wonderful watercoloring items over at Crafter's Companion. It's such a beautiful way to add gorgeous results to all your projects. Happy crafting!

PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

Angela said...

Fabulous, love the colours x

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...