Saturday, February 20, 2016

No-Line Watercoloring Best Wishes Card

Happy Saturday! I have one of my favorite techniques up on my card for today - no line watercoloring. One of these days I'll attempt to create a video for you. ;)


I know you're surprised...it's Bebunni!! Come on though. How can you NOT love him?! 

I inked up the image from the Bebunni Close To Your Heart, Special Friend stamp set with Distress Ink in Old Paper and stamped him onto the watercolour cardstock. For this technique, you'll want a very subtle color to stamp your images with so you get the effect of no-line drawings and simply the watercolor. After I stamped it, I rounded the bottom corners and started to watercolor. I used my Spectrum Aqua Markers for this with a water brush pen and colored away. For the details like the nose, whishers, etc. I used a thin black Micron pen and traced over the lines. 


The sentiment was stamped with Versafine in Onyx Black so that when I colored over it with that pretty yellow watercolor, it didn't bleed. I trimmed it out pretty close to the wording and set it aside.

My card base is a simple white cardstock that I cut, scored and folded to 4.25x5.5. I rounded the bottom corners and then adhered my colored Bebunni panel to the base. 

Since the top of the card needed something colorful and fun, I used two patterned papers from my stash and diecut two of the buntings out using my Die'Sire Traditional Bunting die. I adhered them with some foam adhesive. Just the right touch! 


I glued the sentiment in that open space just under the bunting on the right side, and that is all! Very cool technique. I encourage you to try it. It's addicting. Visit Crafter's Companion and if you haven't purchased any of the Spectrum Aqua markers, I HIGHLY suggest them. You won't regret it!

SUPPLIES USED:

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...