Saturday, February 13, 2016

Best Wishes


Happy Saturday people! I'm itching for spring in a bad way, but it's still reallllly cold here. I can only look forward to that, right?! While I sit bundled up INSIDE my house. Ha!

Today's card I created has that springtime appeal I think anyone would appreciate getting in the mail right now.


I wanted a lot of bright colors, so I started with a trimmed down piece of Spectrum Aqua Watercolour Cardstock and I stamped the Stamp-It Discovery Collection EZMount Stamp - Faith Bird onto that with Versamark ink and then applied some white embossing powder and heat set. This will allow you to color over it with the image showing up in white! I applied watered down Distress Inks in Dusty Concord, Spiced Marmalade, and Tumbled Glass with a waterbrush pen. This technique is so pretty when it's all dry! 


I then used a sheet of 6x6 Shimmering Cardstock in Coastal Blue and diecut out the strip at the top using the Bebunni Floral Collection Metal Die, Cottage Lace. I glued that down to the top of the watercolor panel and applied several pearls to the center of each flower.

I used a colorful piece of paper behind the watercolor panel to add some interest and then some cording at the top of the diecut lace and glued it all together. 


Such a simple way to create a beautiful focal point. Take a hop on over to the newly designed Crafter's Companion website to see projects, products, and so much more!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...