Saturday, August 22, 2015

Have a Wonderful Day!

I think we should all have cards on hand for whatever we need, and this is a wonderful card to send to someone just because. In the era of online communication, it's a joy to see something addressed to you in the mailbox, isn't it? You get a bit of excitement wondering what it is! At least I do. I love getting handmade or handwritten correspondence. This is a beautifully simple card for just the occasion.


I took the clean and simple approach (otherwise known as CAS) for this layout. I used the Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners, Poppy set and inked up the leaf in Memento Luxe, Pistachio and stamped my own background paper on the white cardstock. Once that was dry, I rounded two opposite corners and adhered to an olive green card base. 


The sentiment is from the Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners, Wonderful Day set. I inked that up with some nice, rich Versafine ink in Onyx Black. It's super dark and it's wonderful to use on a patterned card like I did. It is nice and dark! I found a simple floral embellishment in my stash and I adhered that to the corner of my sentiment card and used some foam adhesive to glue that to the stamped background I created. 

Visit Crafter's Companion today for more gorgeous products!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...