Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Have a Roar of a Time

I have a bit different of a card for you today. Something I've never done before. A shaped card! I wanted to do something a little different, so here we go...


First of all, I adore this set so much. This is the Scruffy Little Kitten, Freddie set. As a mom of boys, I love when I see cute little boy sets like this one. I colored him in with my Spectrum Noir Markers and  decided to cut him out in a circle shape. It fit perfectly.


The card base is also a circle shape. I used a simple white cardstock piece, folded it in half and laid my die on top of that. I left the top of the die hanging over so it wouldn't cut into the fold I had made and ran it through my die cutting machine. I topped that off with a fun green and white patterned paper cut to the same size circle as I used for the card shape. I glued that onto the white card base.

I thought it would be fun to cut apart the sentiment from the set and color in the word ROAR using a graduated look. I went from dark to lighter green. I used foam adhesive to pop it off the card.


This is a great card to give for a little boys birthday! ROAR!

Products Used:



No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...