Monday, March 16, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge #102: Distress Addicts


Welcome back to another challenge! This time, we have a really cool one, I think. And I have a non-card project I created. What?! That's right. 

Let's get on to the challenge:


DISTRESS! Who else is addicted?! I just love distress anything. For this project, you can use your distress inks, edge distressing, and anything else you can dream up. Have fun with it! Because up for a prize is a gift certificate to Lawn Fawn! They are an amazing sponsor and naturally, I love them so much. Every set is one I love and use over and over. 


This project is something different since I typically create cards for these challenges, but I found this little FAMILY linen/wood piece at Michael's. It was pretty inexpensive ($3). I had set it aside because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. So when the challenge came up, the lightbulb went on. I grabbed the Into the Woods and Woodgrain Backdrops sets and pulled the smaller heart and arrow images. I used my Staz-On Midi inks in Cloudy Sky, St. Valentine, Spiced Chai and Orange Zest. It's hard to see, but there are some that I stamped with Brilliance Ink in Cosmic Copper as well. 


After I had stamped them on (no particular pattern or anything!), I pulled out my Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Tea Dye, Festive Berries and Pumice Stone and used a craft sponge to add them over the stamped images. 



I wanted something a little extra, so I grabbed the large heart from the Woodgrain Backdrops set and I used Festive Berries and Pumice Stone and stamped that onto some watercolor paper. I love the mottled look it gave the heart. I left a slight border around it and used some foam adhesive to stick it to the piece. I then tied a piece of the cord from the Lawn Trimmings Vivid Triple Pack Cord around the heart and between the A and M. 


I decided I'm going to prop this up above a frame I have with family photos. 

I hope you have a ton of fun with this challenge, just like I did! Do something out of the box this time. Distress away! Make sure you read all the rules and enter over at the Lawnscaping blog. 




3 comments:

Samantha Mann said...

Oh this is such a cool project!!! And I love the idea of it hanging by your photos! You altered it so well! It's awesome!! Wow!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful piece, love all the stamping & distressing :)

Jenna said...

Fantastic!!!

Sweet Thoughts Card

Spring is just around the corner, and you can almost smell those flowers. Okay, I'm dreaming, but this card is too cute for words. ...