Saturday, October 4, 2014
Wishing You Joy
Hi everyone! I know, Christmas seems FAR away. I like to have a stash of cards on hand for all occasions and this card is perfect for a quick card to make for a teacher, neighbor, friend, or anyone you'd like to wish some joy and cheer to this season. This is also a great card you could really mass produce if you'd like. The only time consuming part would be the fussy cutting. If you did them assembly style, working on one element at a time, you could definitely do that!
LET'S GET STARTED!
1. I chose a kraft cardstock base. Who doesn't love kraft? Oh, and it goes with everything! (Is kraft the new black? Maybe...)
2. Cut red patterned paper cardstock and glue to the base. You can alter the size, too.
3. Take Shimmering Cardstock in Silver Starlight and use the Sheena Evergreen embossing folder. Run through your diecutting/embossing machine. Cut to size to fit depending on how much red cardstock you'd like to show (I left just a thin border). Sponge over the evergreen with Distress Inks in Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough. Glue to the red cardstock.
4. Cut a piece of corrugated or textured cardstock strip. (Use the corrugated side of your coffee sleeve from Starbucks or your local coffee shop!)
5. For the sentiment, I inked up the Sentimentals, Mistletoe Kisses in Versafine Black because I wanted it nice and dark. I colored in part of the banner with my Spectrum Noir Marker in DR1 and DR5 for shadowing, and the ampersand with DG2. (It is slightly darker, but you can see it in person.) I chose a light ivory cardstock and just rounded the corners to soften it up.
Stamp-It Australia, Christmas Happiness with Versafine as well on the CC Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock since I knew I'd be coloring it in with my Spectrum Noir Markers (DR1, DR5, DG2, DG3). I then fussy cut them out and set them aside.
7. After you have everything cut out, assemble the card to your liking. I wanted to push up the sentiment bundle towards the top to really highlight the evergreen embossed paper I created. I love this card!
Crafter's Companion has a LOT to offer for embossing folder, stamp sets, shimmering cardstock, and MORE.
It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun. I mean, we are in the thick of summe...
Spring is just around the corner, and you can almost smell those flowers. Okay, I'm dreaming, but this card is too cute for words. ...
There is a new monthly challenge over at Spectrum Noir for February! The challenge theme* for February 2017 is: ANYTHING GOES...