Monday, November 18, 2013

For the One I Love...

I'm back again with another card I created for the newest release from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic-Seascapes! For this card, I chose the puffin image. I just LOVE these birds (no, they are not penguins!). I watched a special once on these fascinating feathered friends and their beauty is just breathtaking. I'm an animal lover anyway :)


I used my Spectrum Noir markers (IG1, IG2, CR10, IG6, IG8, BT1, OR1, OR2, GB5, GB6, DG4, and Blender) to color him in. Generally I will Google the image I'm coloring for a specific animal or flower to get the colors accurate and true to life. That's a great tip in case you're unsure. Puffins have more than just orange on their beaks. They have a strip of yellow! Stunning colors...


I colored him and diecut him out in a simple circle shape. I used BT1 to color in a "sky" around him although it's hard to see in the photo since it really is subtle. I then took a piece of vellum and used my Flowers & Vines embossing folder from Crafter's Companion.

I have a simple kraft card base, to which I glued the embossed vellum onto. I then took a strip of an olive green to match the grass under the puffin's feet. I used a die to cut the scalloped shape out as well as the small dot pattern. I then glued that to the vellum.

For the sentiment, I simply used the "For the One I Love" stamp from the Bebunni Peek-A-Boo set. I cut a pennant shape on one end and used 2 small staples in an X pattern on the end for interest. I glued that down to the olive scalloped shape. I then used my foam squares and tucked the puffin circle behind the little pennant sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...