Saturday, November 16, 2013

Seashell Discoveries


Hi there! Since it's getting colder, and winter is upon us, I wanted something to remind me of the warm days of summer. What can I say? I like the warmer weather vs. the cold/snow/ice! This set I used is from the brand new release from Sheena's A Little Bit Scenic-Sea Shells.


I took my Spectrum Noirs and went to town coloring all the seashells. I used FS3, FS6, EB1, EB2, PL1, BG4, GB5, GB6, GB7, GB10, BG1, BG2, BG6, BG8, BG10, TN7, CT1, BGR1, and the blender pen and colored them all in. I then cut out each one and set them aside.

For the base, I chose an aqua shimmery cardstock to look like the sea, and then a brown panel that mimicked the sand. I stamped the sentiment from the set on a plain white cardstock with black ink and cut it in a simple strip to go across the card at the bottom. Once I had all that glued on, I just used foam squares and started layering them until I liked the placement.

Here's another shot from the side:


I love the summery feel! Did you?

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...