Monday, October 14, 2013

Spirited Halloween Card


Since it's October, though not fall like weather quite yet around here, I wanted to make a spooky card to show you!

I have the graveyard scene embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. I am digging these folders so much. It really is a great, quick and fun way to add texture to your projects.


I have some photos for you to show you how I created the background. I've stepped out the instructions for you all! Hope you love the spooky look for the card...

1. Cut your paper for the embossing panel out of kraft. I cut it to 4"x5.25".
2. Run your kraft panel through your machine with the graveyard scene embossing folder.
3. Start sponging on Memento Tuxedo Black with a sponge. I just went until I thought it looked right.
4. Sponge Memento Luxe Gray Flannel (coming soon!) as your next layer of color.
5. Sponge Memento Luxe Sweet Plum (coming soon!) as your last main layer of color.
6. Sponge Memento Tangelo in spots where you'd like to make it a spooky night sky.
7. I used my Spectrum Noir to color in the moon with CT3 and GB6.
8. Color the bats with IG8.
9. I colored the center smaller tombstone with IG4 just to fill it in a bit.
10. Color small rhinestones with True Black.
11. For the sentiment, I used Tangelo and Distress Inks in Pumice Stone and Tea Dye with a sponge. I then cut out around the word and used pop dots to stick to the corner. It's from the Sheena A Little Bit Sketchy, Falling Feathers set.
12. Glue the graveyard scene to the orange card base.
13. Add splatters of ink (you can use the Spectrum Noir refills for this) flicked on for spook.

Here are the photos showing the background coming together.




Here's a detail shot of the side of the card to show all the fun things I have added.





No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...