Saturday, July 27, 2013

Letters to Santa Mini Notebook


Sleigh bells ring...are you listening? In July? Suntan oil's glistening... ;) 

I've made a fun project today for your kids (and of course this can be adapted for shopping lists, holiday notes, or anything really) to write letters to Santa. Why just make one letter to the big guy in red? This would be a great keepsake to look at. 

 

I simply cut some notebook paper I tore out of one of my journals-I know, but it's for a good cause. Then I cut covers and glued some patterned holiday themed paper to them. 


I took some red textured cardstock and ran my new Christmas Ornament embossing folder from Crafter's Companion through my machine. I used some red rhinestones to the embossed circles for the ornament "string" at the top. I then used some letter stickers I had in my stash to write out letters to santa. 

Then I just punched two holes for a binding and used simple ribbon for it. You can use jump rings, brads, eyelets, anything you wish. 

And it's not Christmas without sparkles! I went to town spraying the front with my awesome Spray & Sparkle Glitter varnish. This spray is great for all sorts of projects and trust me, use it once, and you'll be hooked.



No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...