Saturday, September 24, 2016

Spectrum Noir Colorista Foil Notebook

I have another simple and beautiful project today using the Spectrum Noir Colorista products. This would be an amazing gift for a birthday or a holiday. There's this big one coming up in, less than 100 days (how scary is that?!)!! You could get a jump on your holiday crafting.

This notebook was one I purchased at my local craft store for $1. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, so I've had it a while. I'm sure we all have those items purchased for SOMETHING. This would be a great way to dress it up and give it with a gift of a pretty pen, and a small gift card for coffee. Think teacher gifts, too.





I used a sheet from the Spectrum Noir Colorista Butterfly Garden Premium Marker Pad. These have foil accents on them. They're so pretty and look amazingly high-end so you can use them on a multitude of items to gift give or decorate your own home. You can find the Colorista products over at HSN.com. Please also be sure to visit Spectrum Noir to sign up for the FREE online coloring course!!

I had actually colored most of this while at the airport/on the plane during a trip my husband took for work to Reno where I tagged along! If you've never been to Nevada, oh my goodness. GO. We come from the land of humid, sticky days from June through about the end of September. Ew. You're always in a state of sticky. There, NO STICKY. NOTHING. It's just hot. And it was amazing. It was about 95 there on average, but it wasn't unbearable because there's NO humidity. At least to us there isn't any! At home while we were there, it was 80-90% humidity, there the highest day was 18%. So I may just pack my bags. Not to mention the beauty. Sigh.

Back to my project!! So I colored this in with the Spectrum Noir Colorista markers, which again, blend so beautifully. I then just measured out the front of the notebook, adhered my colored butterfly image onto that, and added a black button! That's it. You could do a wraparound cover, or cover the back as well, but since it's just for me, I kept it simple! Another fun idea would be to add a piece of small elastic on the inside front or back cover to keep the pen handy.

I hope you are inspired to pick up on the adult coloring trend!! Thanks for stopping by.

PRODUCTS USED:
  • Spectrum Noir Colorista Butterfly Garden Premium Marker Pad
  • Spectrum Noir Colorista Markers: Pearl Blue, Cobalt, Lemon, Canary, Nectarine, Maple, Sandstone, Purple, Sorbet, Hot Pink, Umber, Rose Blush, Lipstick, Rose Red, Coral, Cream, Pear Green and Forest Green

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...