Thursday, April 28, 2016

Day of the Dead Eternal Love Decorative Hanging Art

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE with all heart anything and everything skull or Day of the Dead related. I'm just in love with the colors, patterns, skull designs and the entire meaning behind the Day of the Dead/Dia de Los Muertos holiday. Such a beautiful way to celebrate life of those loved ones that have passed on. It's something I want to even learn more about and to teach my children about. The artwork just speaks to me.


So, when I saw these new and AMAZING sets that are being realeased TODAY with Day of the Dead images, I fell head over heels for! I mean, it's just ME!!!

I used the Eternal Love set by Sheena Douglass. I'm telling you, her sets blow me away! But I loved the male and female images. I had a lot of fun coloring this image and really giving it life. Sounds funny giving life to skull images, right?! ;)


I made the flowers from some tissue paper I had on hand and found some simple instructions online. I used some skull pewter pieces inside of the smaller flowers. I just cut out the image of the sugar skulls and glued that to black cardstock to make it pop, added some twine to hang it and used glue dots on the back of the flowers. I love how this came out, and I will definitely enjoy using this as a decorative piece this October and November.


I hope you enjoyed my project for this amazing release. You can be sure that I will be making many more projects using these sets from the Day of the Dead line by Sheena in future blog posts. Check out all the sets in this release on the website for Crafter's Companion.

PRODUCTS USED:



No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...