Monday, June 15, 2015

Lawnscaping Challenge 108: Stars and/or Stripes

Hi there! I'm back today with another fun challenge over at Lawnscaping Challenges. Today, here is our newest one...

Our sponsor for this challenge is none other than the amazing Lawn Fawn

Here is my take on the challenge!

I wanted to make a non-card project for this challenge. And I realized I don't have a lot of patriotic decorations, so my goal this summer is to create more of my own! It's more fun anyway :) This little piece will sit on the acrylic base on my china cabinet. 

For this, I took a piece of dark navy cardstock from my stash and cut it down. It's roughly 5x7. Then I took a piece of watercolor paper and used my Spectrum Aqua Markers on an acrylic block and applied water to the block. Then I pressed my watercolor paper onto the block. I love the look this gives!! 

I took the stars from the Lawn Fawn Trim the Tree and Hello Baby sets and used Brilliance Ink in Platinum Planet to stamp onto the watercolored background. It's subtle, but still gives a nice shimmer (in person). I did them in random places on the background. 

For the buntings, I diecut them out with my Die'Sire Classiques Traditional Bunting die out of white cardstock. I wanted them to have a fun patriotic feel, so I took the dotted lines from the Hello Baby set and the wavy line from the Beep Boop Birthday set and used Memento in Nautical Blue and Memento Luxe in Love Letter and stamped them. For the lighter blue lines, I used one of my Spectrum Noir Markers to draw that in. I wanted a little pop of color so I chose the Trim the Tree Lawn Cuts star die and cut out a handful from the 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack

The sentiment was spelled out with Milo's ABC's in Memento Tuxedo Black stamped onto the watercolor background. I used some smaller letter stickers I had in my stash to spell out BRAVE for a pop of color. 

I glued my watercolor background paper to a piece of chipboard I had saved from packaging and I trimmed it down. I wanted to give it stability to stand up in the acrylic holder, so this really helped. 

I used foam adhesive to glue down the buntings and then I used the same to adhere the small die cut stars to the bunting as well. 

I hope you play along with our current challenge! Get patriotic! :)


Tenia Nelson said...

So so cool!!

francesca said...

Beautiful card Roxanne! Love that watercolor background! :)

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...