Saturday, June 20, 2015

Holly Jolly Christmas

I know, it's not nearly time to think about the holidays. But I wanted to make a card using holiday-themed items anyway! I was just in the mood to. But shhh, don't tell! Just pin the card and save it away for a rainy day this fall :)

I'll list out the steps below for the card I created and the links will be there for the products as well. Enjoy and fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.


1. Cut kraft cardstock base and score, and fold to 5.5x4.25. (Went landscape with this card due to the tag.)

2. Chose a holiday themed patterned paper and used a border die to give the edge a fun look. 

3. Adhere diecut holiday theme paper to base. Cut and glue a strip of dark brown cardstock above the diecut element. 

4. For my tag, I stamped the sentiment from Sentimentals, Mistletoe Kisses with Versamark and applied a white embossing powder over it. I then heat set the sentiment.

5. I stamped Distress Inks in Evergreen Bough, Festive Berries and Tea Dye onto an acrylic block and spritzed with water. I then pressed the tag onto the block and blotted off the excess color. 

6. For the spots of white you see, I used a white opaque paint flicked on. When it hits the distress ink, it spreads like melted snow :) 

7. I used a simple doily-like ribbon to tie through the tag's hole, and glued the tag to the base with foam adhesive.

8. The holly leaves are from the Stamp-It Australia Twinkle, Joy and Spirit set. I stamped that not Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Cardstock in Onyx Black/Versafine ink. I colored it in with my Spectrum Aqua Markers in Evergreen, Bud Green and Crimson and adhered with foam adhesive. 


And here is one more angle of the card to show the dimension. Check out Crafter's Companion for all your holiday (and non-holiday too!) project needs. SO much to choose from!!


No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...