Good morning! I have a really clean and simple, but stunning card, to share with you today. I just love when simple cards pack a punch.
Today, I created this:
Here is what I did for the card (links for supplies below as well):
1. Cut and scored cream colored cardstock base for card. Folded size is 4.25x5.5.
2. Cut chevron patterned paper to fit onto the card base. I typically trim my pieces to show a bit of the base border, and they measure 4x5.25.
3. I used the Die'Sire Decorative Dies, Butterflies die with Shimmering Cardstock in Black Pearl for the butterfly. I used some simple yellow enamel dots on the center of the body for interest.
4. For the main panel, I took a large acrylic block and colored, in no particular way, sections onto the block itself with the Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers. I used Yellow, Sunflower, Spice and Begonia. Then I spritzed water onto the block. Doing this blends the colors together in a beautiful way. The next thing I did was pressed my watercolor stock onto the block (not vice versa like you would when you're stamping). I let it dry and then stamped my sentiment from the Sentimentals, Vintage stamp set onto the watercolor piece.
5. I chose to turn the watercolor panel just slightly for interest against the chevron patterned paper.
6. I used foam adhesive on the back of the butterfly and adhered it to the upper left corner.
I hope you enjoyed this! Definitely check out all the amazing products at Crafter's Companion today!