Saturday, April 25, 2015

Beautiful Hydrangeas


Nothing says spring like flowers to me. I chose the hydrangea image from the Stamp-It Australia, Floral Fancies set. I diecut the watercolor paper using my Die'Sire Essentials, Scalloped Squares die (the largest one) and stamped the image onto it, moving it flush right, with Memento, Tuxedo Black. I then colored it in using Spectrum Aqua Watercolor Markers in Aquamarine (background), Moss, Leaf Green, Chocolate, Blossom, Begonia and Slate (shadowing). 


I used some pretty white/gold twine in my stash and tied it around the left side of the diecut square.
For the pink background, I used a color that coordinated with the hydrangeas I colored, and used the Flowers & Vines embossing folder. I then rounded the corners and adhered to my card base. I then used foam adhesive to glue the hydrangea square to the pink embossed background. 


The sentiment is from the Bebunni Floral Collection, Flower Garden. It's just a pretty and soft font! I used Memento Luxe in Wedding Dress to stamp it onto the diecut banner piece. I used simple white pearls on the ends to dress it up. 

I hope you enjoyed this card! This would be perfect for Mother's Day coming up. Click on over to Crafter's Companion to see all the beautiful sets you can use to create your Mother's Day card and gifts!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...