Saturday, January 31, 2015

Butterfly Memories


I have one of my favorite cards right here. Even my oldest was like, "Mom, this is so pretty!!" So right there told me I had a great card. 


For my base, I took a sage green textured cardstock and made my card and set that aside. From there, I chose a light green and ivory patterned paper. I've always seen other crafters stamp an image onto patterned paper, so I needed to try it. And I LOVE it. 

I took the bunch of flowers from the Stamp-It Australia Imagine, Floral Fancies set and inked it up with Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa. I stamped it randomly on the paper. I love how it looks like real printed patterned paper. I'm definitely doing this again. 

I cut out my large butterfly with the Die'Sire Decorative Dies, Butterflies, from Shimmering Cardstock in Pearl Ivory. I rubbed on Memento Luxe in Angel Pink to make it a nice, soft pink. 

Behind the butterfly, I wanted pops of color, so I chose two coordinating papers and used my Die'Sire Essentials, Scalloped Squares to cut out two squares and I glued them down and then adhered my butterfly with foam adhesive circles to give it dimension.

The sentiment block was stamped with Staz-On Midi in Spiced Chai onto a square of the Pearl Ivory cardstock to match. I glued that to the center of the butterfly. I used the sentiment from the Sentimentals, Vintage set.

I encourage you to check out all the beautiful sets you could use to create your own custom patterned paper at Crafter's Companion.

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...