Monday, November 3, 2014

Lawnscaping Challenge #93: Fall & Pumpkins


Who doesn't love fall?! It is my favorite season. I adore the leave changing colors, the crispness in the air, sweaters, hot coffee, fleece blankets...I could go on and on. Again, my perfect year-round weather would be fall like and decorated like fall/Halloween. Sigh. A girl can dream, can't she?


We LOVE the amazingly wonderful peeps over at  Simon Says Stamp! They are super awesome, super talented and just super sweet!  They are sponsoring this challenge with a $25 gift card to Simon Says Stamp!!!!


Simon Says Stamp Store Blinkie photo SSS_09_2103_zpsc2c6b992.gif

Here is my card this time for the Lawnscaping Challenge for Fall & Pumpkins. It incorporates my favorite things - leaves and coffee! I turned this card into a gift card holder on the outside. I was inspired by a layout I saw on Pinterest that was similar!


I used the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Sweater Weather pad of paper for the fall leaf paper behind the gift card pocket. For the pocket, I just cut a piece of kraft cardstock to fit onto my leaf patterned paper and rounded the top corners and scored it where I wanted my "holder" to be. For the notch in the center, I used a circle punch and just lined it up to the center of the circle and punched it out. You could certainly use a smaller size circle for a small notch, but this is what I had on hand :) 


The coffee cup is from the Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte set. I colored in the shadowing on the cup with my Spectrum Noir Markers in light grey tones. For the corrugated band, I actually used some stock I had on hand, but you can use the back side of the Starbucks cup sleeve and do the same. I then used a green enamel dot to mimic the Starbucks logo! So much fun. 

The smile sentiment is also from the Lawn Fawn Love You a Latte set. I thought it was fitting for this card. I'd def smile if I received this!


The leaves are from Lawn Fawn, which I sponged on different distress inks (Festive Berries, Pumice Stone, Tea Dye, Iced Spruce, and Scattered Straw). The blend so nicely on the wood shapes!!! 

Play along with the challenge!! You can find all the details at the Lawnscaping Challenge blog




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha I saw your card and I've gone to prepare a coffee ;)

Samantha Mann said...

Oh my goodness!! That blending on the wood veneer leaves is stunning!! And what an awesome gift! Love this!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...