Saturday, November 8, 2014

Lamp Post Christmas


I've got a nice card that's easy to mail and will remain in tact when your friend or family get it! It's always hard to send bulkier handmade cards without protecting it. This card that I've made today can be mailed in a regular announcement envelope without worry.


I chose the Stamp-It Australia, Twinkle-Joy & Spirit stamp set for the lamp post and the sentiment at the top. I used Memento, Tuxedo Black and stamped it onto a trimmed down piece of the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock. I wanted a lot of "white" space for this layout, so I stamped the lamp post in the lower right hand corner. I colored it in with my Spectrum Noir Markers (CG2, CG4, TN4, TN7, BG3, BG5, BG7, GB5, GB10, GB4, OR1, TN1, TN3, BGR1, BGR2, DR3, and LY2). I colored a yellow glow around the lamp post at the top to mimic candlelight by using LY2. For the sky, I used Memento, Summer Sky with a sponge and swirled it on to blend it. For the darker areas in the sky, I sponged off onto a piece of scrap paper first, and then lightly touched the craft sponge to the background here and there to make the sky more realistic. I used Memento, Nautical Blue for that. 

I really love the way this card came out! Check out all the wonderful holiday sets that Crafter's Companion has to offer. And remember, ANY crafter you know would love a gift certificate for the holidays ;)

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...