Saturday, September 6, 2014

Manly Birthday to You!


Hi there! I always struggle with manly birthday cards, but of course, we all need them! I think this is manly, colorful and simple at the same time. I found a layout similar while browsing through my pinned items in my Pinterest paper crafting board. I find when I get stuck, I go there and browse and an idea usually hits me and I run with it.


I chose the Stamp-It Australia set, Shirts for this card and used my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils for this. I used 108, 111, 032, 093, 017, 024, 104, 106, 071, 073, 117, 120, 061, 063, 010, 020, 021, 050, 026, and 007. They were stamped with Memento, Tuxedo Black onto the Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock.

I chose the pencils over the Spectrum Noir Markers for this particular set because of the smaller image and detail in this shirts. Worked perfectly.

I just paired up some fun colored strips of paper and glued them on an angle and then used the shirts colored image in the middle.

The sentiment is from the Toreads, Flora set. It's blocked letters which is more masculine for this card design. I stamped it onto my navy base in Memento Luxe in Wedding Dress. I LOVE this white ink pad!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...