Wednesday, March 20, 2013

There for Me

I've got a pretty and simple card today to show you that I created using the Stamp-It Australia Birds & Butterflies from Crafter's Companion for the large block of butterflies. I colored them in with my Spectrum Noirs and then added some distress ink over it with sponges to make it softer. I then used a distress tool around the edges to roughen them up.

The sentiment is from the Crisalis Classics, The Rehearsal set. I used my scalloped circle punch and then used inks to gently soften the white paper to make it coordinate with the butterfly piece.


I also used a piece of teal scrap stock in the center on the bottom to give it a little hint of color that mimics the color in the teal butterfly on the left. I then used a larger piece of kraft that I used some spray mist on for fun. I used a jute string around it and topped off with a magenta button to match the color of the top butterfly.


I hope you enjoyed the card! :) Head on over to the store to check out these and other great stamp sets today!!

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Love your butterflies...

{Chrissie} said...

So beautiful. This is one of my favorites that you've ever done!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...