Saturday, March 9, 2013

Falling Feathers Card


Welcome back! Today I have a pretty and simple birthday card that I created using the new Sheena's A Little Bit Sketchy Falling Feathers set. This set features a variety of feather sizes. I adore the fonts in the sentiment, too. I'm a designer, so I'm a font-y. :)


I colored my feather with soft turquoises fading to olive greens using my Spectrum Noirs. I wanted something soft looking. I then fussy cut around it and used pop dots to glue it down to the patterend chevron paper for dimension. 

The sentiment was cut out into a strip and I made the one end into a banner. The other end was scored and folded over and secured with mini staples to give a little texture to. 

Very simple, yet stunning! 

Please be sure to check out all the new release sets at the Crafter's Companion store!!

3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous colors on your feather ... and I love the texture of the staples & fold.

Denise said...

The colors are so beautiful on your feather. Beautiful chevron background too :)

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Love your feathers...

Sweet Thoughts Card

Spring is just around the corner, and you can almost smell those flowers. Okay, I'm dreaming, but this card is too cute for words. ...