Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Trash to Treasure Project

Happy Valentine's Day! Hoping everyone is having a great night so far. I enjoyed seeing the little Valentine's my oldest brought home from school. I've got an adorable container that I made for him to keep them in.




I took an ordinary oatmeal container, ripped off the label and wiped out the inside (since it's just cardboard) and went to town.

I just measured cardstock and glued it to the outside, and since it wasn't quite large enough, I used a strip of alternate paper to cover that up in the front which adds interest to the fab pocket.

For the pocket, I used the SP and Company pocket stamp from Vintage October: All Zipped Up. I used denim paper I found on clearance at Micheal's. I should have bought a LOT more of this... :) Stuck on a puffy heart after adhering to the container and how cute is that?!

I made a little "card" to stick in the pocket and cut out the XO letters with letter dies using my amazing Cuttlebug. There's a whole joke with that one...anyway! And I used pop dots on that for some dimension.

Then I used a circle die that fit the container's top and cut out a circle out of cardstock, glued on and stuck one more X and O on it and it's done!

TRASH TO TREASURE for my little Valentine's Valentines. I hope I inspired you to not toss packaging and use it for something really fun and simple to create with supplies you have on hand.

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...