Saturday, May 30, 2015

Monarch Birthday


Good morning! Summer is fast approaching and that always makes me think of butterflies. They're just gorgeous. Our local zoo has a special butterfly exhibit that I'm definitely going to be hitting up this summer to photograph. Hey, I'm a photographer, that's how I think! 


But for now, I've created a stunning card for a birthday using the Sheena, Monarch Butterfly stamp. I colored it in with my Spectrum Noir Markers in GB4, GB6, OR1, OR2, OR3, and DR1. I fussy cut that out and used a simple black card base. I used a large dot embossing folder to give that some interest. For the floral paper you see, I've had that FOREVER in my stash. It's a little spiral bound book of pretty diecut papers. I used that with the Toreads, Flora set for the sentiment. It's simple and perfect for this card. I then stuck down the butterfly with some foam adhesive and scattered some coordinating sequins around the card for some sparkle.


Perfectly summery and simple! Check out all the amazing Sheena sets to create stunning projects and more by Crafter's Companion!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...