Lawnscaping Challenge #106: Try Something New!

Good morning! It's a new week, which means a new challenge from Lawnscaping. I must say this one was a challenge. I had a couple techniques that I'd been wanting to try and I ultimately decided on what I have here today - hand lettering!



Today's challenge is sponsored by the always amazing Lawn Fawn

These folks just rock and they have offered the winner a free stamp set of the winner's choice! So many stamps to choose from, I know. It's tough. 

I want it all!




 

I love the look of hand lettering, and I decided to finally try it. I think I kinda like it. I will definitely try it again and I learned some things along this process. 

I love the feathers from the Lawn Fawn Dream set (with coordinating Lawn Cuts on this one). I used my Spectrum Aqua Markers to color them in after stamping and die cutting on watercolor paper. I use Versafine Ink in Onyx Black with my watercoloring. It's so nice and dark and it doesn't bleed/run. I love it. I cut out and colored a bunch of these. 


For the actual hand lettering, I just used some Memento Luxe Ink in Sweet Plum with a water brush pen. Here is where I learned some things - next time, I will purchase a good quality thin brush to letter with. But I love it anyway! I did do several of these before I ended up with one I thought worked for my liking! Practice makes perfect, right??

For the card, I used a simple white cardstock base. I cut a sheet of grey dotted paper from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Petite Paper Pack and adhered that to my base. I cut it the same size this time (4.25x5.5). I then used foam adhesive to tack down my hand lettered quote. I did distress the edges of the piece for a little roughness to match the hand lettered look. I then took my colored feathers and tucked them in various places around the quote with some smaller foam adhesive. 

I hope you embrace something fun you've been wanting to try and enter the challenge!! 

Comments

Shona Austin said…
Great card. Love the feathers also. I'll have to work up to giving it a try. Maybe practice before I actually make a card for me.
Samantha Mann said…
Amazing!!!!! I LOOOOOOVE the idea of hand Lettering!! I have done it on mayoits, but not thought to do it on a card, it's genius!! Those funky feathers Rock too!
francesca said…
beautiful card!! :)

Popular Posts