Saturday, December 20, 2014

Special Friends Deserve Special Cards!


I saw a sketch in my Pinterest paper crafting board that I wanted to try out. I simply LOVE the way this card turned out, and I can't wait to send it to a special friend :)



The sketch was found HERE and I went to town with a bright color palette on a kraft base. Who doesn't love kraft?! I used painter's tape (or you can use washi) to mask off the large stripe that I sponged on my Radiant Neon ink in Electric Yellow and Electric Coral. These blend so beautifully together. I carefully removed my tape and it left a nice clean stripe! This is a great tip to make these types of things. 

I just cut down different pennants, triangles, and then rounded the corner on one just to have fun elements behind the sentiment circle. I glued some down with regular tape runner adhesive and some with foam adhesive to create that dimension. The sentiment circle is from the Sentimentals, Imagine stamp set which I stamped in Versafine ink in Onyx Black and heat embossed. I cut it out using the Die'Sire Essentials, Circles dies. Stuck it down, and I was finished. Really quick, but colorful card!


1 comment:

francesca said...

beautiful card! :) Merry Christmas!

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...