Saturday, December 27, 2014

Just a Note and Envelope


For this little card, I made it a different size just simply because I had this piece of darker grey cardstock already to a good size for me to score in the middle and go to town. That meant I needed to make a custom envelope. No biggie!

The background of the card is done on simple watercolor paper using a stencil and some spray mists and Distress Ink in Tea Dye watered down and painted on. Really simple. 


For the red strip, I used a small piece of Shimmering Cardstock in Candy Red.

The tag is from UmWow Studio and I stamped on the Just a Note sentiment in Memento Luxe, Love Letter from the Sentimentals, Vintage stamp set. I love the pop of red on the natural looking tag! I tied on some twine, glued it down and then added a couple grey sequins. 

I found a video on YouTube (sorry, I didn't save the link!) for creating square envelopes. I made the envelope and glued that together and stamped the flourish frame on the back flap to place a return address. I stamped it in Tea Dye and it's from the Sentimentals, Vintage set. 

The envelope isn't an exact match for the card size, but it works :) Have fun creating special sized cards and making your own envelopes. 

Sweet Thoughts Card

Spring is just around the corner, and you can almost smell those flowers. Okay, I'm dreaming, but this card is too cute for words. ...