Friday, January 25, 2013

Hexagon Love!

Hey there! I'm kicking off the weekend with a card I created for the SP Trends Challenge: HEXAGONS. Hexagons are an awesome trend and I'm happy to play along.


Since it's veryyyy cold here and now snowy, I wanted a bright card to bring some color to my world. I used a golden colored cardstock for behind the vase and used a hexagon embossing folder to create the subtle background. The image I used for the stamp (flower and vase) is from the For Every Woman Stamp Set from SP & Company. So many uses for these images! I colored it in with Spectrum Noir markers.

I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies, Hexagon (S4-368). for the two hexagons. I stamped the center of the smaller one with the dots from the SP & Company set, Large Polka Dots Background Stamp. I then stamped the "Thankful for You" over the dots which is a sentiment from the Vintage October: Falling for Autumn Stamp Set. The paper were scraps, so I'm not sure of whose line they came from! I'm a frugal girl...

Just make sure you look at ALL your stamp sets for sentiments that could be used anywhere!! I hardly ever use just one set for my cards or projects. :)

Thanks for stopping by to check out my card! Hope it brought a little warmth to January!


2 comments:

{Chrissie} said...

I love the bright colors and ALL of the hexagons! Awesome card. :-)

thescrapmaster said...

So awesome! I love the sentiment in the hexagon.

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...