Friday, November 23, 2012

Thankful with SP and Company

Happy post-Thanksgiving day! (Since I'm not partaking in Black Friday, I'll call it that!)

I had made this card for my husband to tell him that I'm thankful for him. Naturally, there's a bunch of sappy thoughts inside for a completely NOT sappy guy, but he smiled and I could tell my outpouring of emotion made him just a teeny bit sappy for the day. But it was all true!



I wanted to use the Tiny Build A Banner set from SP and Company in a different way to show you just how versatile these stamps can be! I love the way he came out.


I just free handed the turkey body from kraft and stamped the various tiny banners onto patterned scraps I had. Yes, in case you were wondering, I do have them sorted by color... :) I then cut them out and layered them behind the body of the turkey. I just drew on the eyes, gobbler thing (I know there's a name for it, I just know it), and legs. I cut out a small orange triangle for the beak. For the sentiment, I used the letters from the Tiny Build A Banner set for "thankful" and the "for you" from the Bold Sentiments 1. And his tiny heart is also from Tiny Build A Banner.



Very simple layout for the card, but I love the way it came out. How about you? Leave me a comment! Take a trip over to the SP and Company store to check out the great Black Friday deals going on!!!! Which I'm off to partake in...happy shopping!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...