Tuesday, August 9, 2011

SP Blog Hop for August 2011



Hi there! I am submitting the card below for the blog hop happening right now on SP & Company's blog and the theme is PURPLE. Not a color I use a ton, so this was really fun for me to do something out of the ordinary :) I just got this new Hero Arts stamp yesterday at Archiver's during their fantastic, one-day-only sale and I knew when I bought it I was going to use it for this project.




I really wish the camera could pick up the Glimmer Mist I used all over the flower. It adds a really simple but elegant shimmer to the whole flower just making it pop! And of course, I got to use my purple Copics. And the sentiment at the bottom is from a Technique Tuesday set by Ali Edwards. I just love her handwriting and thought it went so well with this simple but elegant card.


I hope you love it :) Thanks for stopping by!! Remember you can view this larger by clicking on each image!

6 comments:

{Chrissie} said...

I LOVE this card! Wow, amazing job - that flower is just goregous. You did a fantastic job with the paper piecing!

Kasey said...

How fabulous is that flower?

Great card.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

t_myers96 said...

Great card!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is gorgeous, stunning, amazing! I love the simplicity and that beautiful flower! So glad you played along with our purple challenge for the SP and Co Blog Hop!

Nanette said...

Beautiful...love the flower!

Susan said...

I love the way you showcased that gorgeous layered flower!

Sweet Thoughts Card

Spring is just around the corner, and you can almost smell those flowers. Okay, I'm dreaming, but this card is too cute for words. ...