Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge


Happy hump day! I've got a fun challenge for you to participate in and make it over that hump in the week to the weekend of what I'm sure is packed full of holiday festivities.

Join the Crafter's Companion monthly challenge for December with the theme of RIBBONS/TWINE! I chose to use the Stamp-It Australia Twinkle sets for this project. I used the Christmas Happiness and Believe for this card. I inked them up with Memento Tuxedo Black and stamped them on my kraft piece.


I then took the snowflake images from the Believe set and inked those up with my Distress ink, Tea Dye and stamped them here and there. I wanted them to be pretty faint, but fill in the open space!

After I stamped it, I then colored in the holly leaves with my Spectrum Noir markers (CG1, CG2, CG4) just to give it a little color.

After that, I rubbed some of my Delicata, Golden Glitz ink here and there on the card to give it a sheen when you turn it in the light. See the photo below (hopefully you can see the little bit of shimmer). Adds just a little gentle sparkle. Dab it on your finger and just kind of swipe it across the area you'd like.


For the little bits that look like snow, I used my white spray mist and flicked on the color.

Once dry, I glued on my pretty aqua ribbon/trim at the top. I then took another piece of this awesome red fiber I had in my stash for a loooong time and wrapped that around the top. I taped it onto the back; you'll never see it! I then glued my kraft piece to my white card base and there you go! Vintage Christmas card DONE!


I hope you play along with us this month. Pop on over to the blog to enter! Read all the rules and details there as well. You have until

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...