Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Basketball Card

I've got a fun card here. My friend's son's birthday was this past weekend and he LOVES basketball! So I was doing a crop w/my bestie and had to stop to grab adhesive and I walked past the Cuttlebug embossing folders and saw this awesome folder I knew would be awesome for basketball texture. So that's how I got the "bball" background.




Then I used SP & Co.'s Stitchery Doo stamp set for the lines of the basketball. I just curved them on my clear block and used some black ink and made it look like, well, a basketball! I wanted to add a little something on there for the whole turning 7 bit. I used some MFT stamps I had and inked them up and made the circle piece and stamped 7th inside.

Then open it up, and look at that! A gift card pocket! Brand new set from SP & Co. designed by Vintage October called All Zipped Up! I love this pocket!!!!!! It holds the gift card perfectly and come on, it's too cute. You could put all sorts of things inside the pocket besides gift cards-money, your kids school pictures (wallet sized), candy, movie tickets, little love notes...I could go on! THIS IS A MUST HAVE :)


Thanks for stopping by! I love to read all your comments, so please leave me some love!

No comments:

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #8: Summertime Fun

  It's challenge time over at Lawn Fawnatics! This is challenge #8 which is summertime fun.  I mean, we are in the thick of summe...