Thursday, July 28, 2011

Boyish Baptism Card

Religious cards are always a tough one for me. For one, I don't have a lot of religious stamps. Okay, I have ONE cross. That's all! I was checking out a few cute sets from Stampin' Up! but hadn't ordered them. I really need a good go-to set for these types of celebrations.

Here's a card I made for my husband's cousin's other child, who celebrated his baptism the same day as his sister's 3rd birthday party! I really love how this came out and I had NO idea in my mind about what I had wanted to do, which as my one friend laughs and calls me the glue-and-go girl. :) This is one of those cards where I did just that! Enjoy!



As you can see, I used the emboss resist technique and I loooooove the way it turned out. I'll be doing this more often.

2 comments:

t_myers96 said...

Love this card!!! Could you provide more details on your emboss resist technique?

organizedchaos said...

Thank you! I stamped the flourishes in Versamark and applied the clear embossing powder over them, heated and then decided that I would use a sponge (you can use that fancy Tim Holtz applicator with the cotton type pads; IDK the exact name of it!) and just went over the whole card in two different color Distress inks until it was looking like I wanted it to. Super easy!

Sweet Thoughts Card

Spring is just around the corner, and you can almost smell those flowers. Okay, I'm dreaming, but this card is too cute for words. ...